Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

I Dreamed A Dream By The Old Canal...

And the sump canal board is done!
Over all I'm quite happy with how it turned out. 
It was a bit of a compromise between weathering it and keeping the thing even enough for the magnetic paper to have enough flat surface to grip onto. 
In the end I decided to sponge paint some rust effects on the tiles and use some washes to dirty it up some more. I'll be adding some more dirt, debris and general litter as scatter terrain later.

Here's the whole board put together


Which seperates into nine modular tiles


Here's a few closer pics of the sump canals so you can see the little details










I also managed to finish two gangs,

The DRM Orlocks from the last post


And some Goliaths (Wasteland Gangers/Warriors from Microworld miniatures)

Ahh nudie pic!😁


and here with some paint on them


The shanties in the background are from Angel Barracks and I have a few vague ideas of making some platforms for them to turn them into a kind of vertical favela, we'll see...

First though I want to do some scatter terrain as Necromunda, and imo skirmish games in general, needs lots of cover for minis to hide behind.
I already have a collection of the usual oil drums, crates and jersy barriers but I'd like to add some things more in character with the setting.
For now I'm planning to do some loot tokens, rubble barricades, exploding mushrooms and heat vents. (feel free to add any cool idea's you may have to this list.)

Ok, time to go stat out those gangs now so I can try to get a game on and who knows maybe we'll even see the ever elusive batrep show up in the future. 😳

Cheers,
Stroezie.


5 comments:

  1. What a great colour for the sludge water. The terrain is simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I had my doubts if I was going to be able to pull it off as I had never done it before, but I'm pretty happy with my slime now.😀

      Delete
  2. This is awesome and inspiring. I'm going to steal some of your ideas for some of my own projects.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying so. I've always enjoyed your work to so feel free to steal away.I'd love to see where you run with it.

      Delete
    2. Thank you.

      I'll probably make use of this for a 15mm project (don't hate me) so it will be a little bigger, but the overall effect will be similar.

      Delete